Jun 30, 2011

The List

They key to building up a blog network is to write your own, read and comment other blogs regularly. Well, I haven't done any of these things in the past week! But for my own sake, I will do my very best in the near future.
I have been reading a couple of blogs though, and maybe that has something to do with the lack of any posts from my side... I find it incredibly tough to see myself as a person with something interesting to say when I see others who are so much more creative and individual. It makes my self esteem shrink like Alice after drinking the DRINK ME-potion. How sad is that.

A little ritual that I have in situations like these is to make a list - either on paper or in your head, or in this case, on your blog - of things that you are grateful for. This might sound like something you would do with your grandma at your bedside on Thanksgiving when you were little, but believe you me, it actually helps. It makes me change my perspective from a gloomy to a brighter one.

So, here it goes:
  • the handsome man playing Call of Duty in my livingroom right now
  • the view from my desk that is luckily a nice one because it's all the diversity I have at the moment
  • my friends, that are scattered about in different places now, but that are still there when I need them
  • this lovely DIY bracelet from Honestly...WTF that I have bought all the supplies for today and that I am about to make (and I have ordered a bunch of things to make some of the other gorgeous stuff on their website - they are geniuses!)
  • the prospect of seeing my best friend this weekend! She lives in London and we don't get to see each other much, but now she is in Germany to check out locations for her wedding next summer and I get to accompany her! Woohoo! That might just be my highlight of this whole month to come!
  • ...and that was it. 
Me (left) and her (right) on my last trip to London in front of St Paul's
Was that it? Yep. That was it.

It doesn't seem like that much but it'll help me get through friday.

In the meantime I will try and get back to work on my thesis. Yay. And also the reason for my idea of starting a blog. You see, I am a huge procrastinator and anything that has not the least thing to do with the task I actually have to fulfill gets my attention in no time. Like writing a blog about nothing in particular. Or making bracelets. Or cleaning the apartment. Which reminds me... I haven't cleaned in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment